Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA
Master of Arts in Advertising
September 2015 - June 2016
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
August 2012 - May 2015
OrgSync Project Manager
Emory University, Division of Campus Life
June 2015 - September 2015
- Led an inter-disciplinary team coordinating the implementation of a new software solution in an enterprise environment with strict data security policies.
- Negotiated a multi-year contract worth over $100,000.
- Coordinated OrgSync’s participation in Emory’s Information Security and Architecture reviews, securing approval for the vendor to access Emory data.
- Liaised with the Division of Campus Life and Emory Libraries and Information Technology to connect Emory’s systems to OrgSync’s API.
- Developed a marketing strategy for various audiences, including Campus Life Sta , Student Organization Advisors, Student Leaders, and all students.
- Developed original graphics and promotional materials to populate web pages and social media channels, utilizing Adobe Creative Suite.
Student Body President
Emory University, Student Government Association
April 2014 - May 2015
- Represented over 14,700 graduate, professional, and undergraduate students and provided oversight for a $2.6 million annual budget.
- Led and managed a cabinet of 15 individuals and 3 full-time employees with specific portfolios and responsibilities.
- Represented student interests and provided recommendations as a member of the Campus Life Committee of the Board of Trustees, the Honorary Degrees and Executive Committees of the University Senate, and the Assistant Vice President for Community Search Advisory Committee.
- Published updates to the Executive Blog and Student Government WordPress Website and worked with the Vice President for Communications to maintain a public relations strategy involving social media, email marketing, and website updates.
- Passed a constitutional amendment to remove gendered pronouns (she/he) from the Student Constitution and pursued implementation of gender-inclusive restroom signage.
- Passed a constitutional amendment that enforced a public scrutiny requirement for legislation a ecting student fees, nance, and representation.
Member & Graphic Designer
Emory University, Student Programming Council
September 2013 - May 2015
- Planned and executed university-wide events and programming for diverse audiences, including two week-long events and concerts per year with 15,000 annual attendees across all events and a $425,000 budget.
- Developed digital and print advertising materials that aligned with different themes and appealed to specific target audiences.
- Optimized advertising materials for specific mediums, including social, web, and print.
- Implemented RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) card readers to collect attendance information at events and provide a report on demographic trends to identify under-served segments of the student community.
Emory University, Office of Student Leadership and Service
August 2013 - May 2015
- Developed a suite of visual identity materials, including a new logo and graphic marks for nine signature programs.
- Coordinated social media promotion and developed original content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Sent a weekly email newsletter to 12,500 recipients, optimizing content for increased open- and click-rates.
- Created web, social, and print marketing materials and custom email campaigns for specific events and leadership opportunities utilizing Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Utilized Google Analytics, MailChimp, and Facebook Insights to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and modify content as needed.
Vice President for Communications
Emory University, Student Government Association
April 2013 - April 2014
- Developed a new format for digital monthly newsletters utilizing best-practices in the email marketing industry, increasing content by 50%.
- Optimized email campaign engagement and increased open- and click-thru rates by evaluating analytics and applying insights.
- Deployed and administered a centrally-managed network of websites for student organizations utilizing WordPress Multisite and a Virtual Private Server, providing a content management system and website themes to student groups at no cost.
- Curated a social media presence and increased reach by 1,000 followers across multiple platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Established policy concerning logo use and developed brand standards; produced print and digital content that adhered to those standards utilizing Adobe Creative Suite.
- Acted as spokesperson for the organization in presentations and interviews with campus media.
- Produced and edited executive summaries and annual reports for distribution to the Student Body and the University Board of Trustees.
Adobe Creative Suite
Framer Studio & InVision
iWork & Microsoft Office
DNS Configuration & Management
Google Apps & Analytics
CloudFlare Acceleration & Security